Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I have 2 Renogy 100watt solar panels with 8 mounting brackets. Been on my truck 2 years this May. They’ve worked great and in excellent condition. Going in a different direction so getting rid of these. $175 for everything.

M look87C5D9C7-2DD6-4194-91B2-91FF737E68E9.jpeg43ABBF60-A38B-4CAA-A0F1-27C6AE790556.jpeg

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

has anyone thought of putting a 200 watt solar panel on top of a pontoon boat to maintain the battery from a sterio? is there a solar panel that could keep it maintained? Just thought fo this instead of worring about dieing batterys all the time but i know zero about solar
We use the little rectangle 2.5 watt to maintain batteries on farm equipment. 200 watt seems like overkill for maintaining a battery.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

has anyone thought of putting a 200 watt solar panel on top of a pontoon boat to maintain the battery from a sterio? is there a solar panel that could keep it maintained? Just thought fo this instead of worring about dieing batterys all the time but i know zero about solar
Yes, they have been installing solar on boats for around 20 years now.

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Still have 1 for sale. $80 for panel and mounting hardware

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Yes, panel by itself will range from $150-$300 depending on make and power, then you need a Solar Charge Controller between the panel(s) and battery. They range from $30-$300. Look up Will Prowse at DIY Solar on YouTube. Great info to get the gears turning...

Reactions: Boort and Jim SoG