Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I bought mine last year and I think it was about $100-125 for a pair. I asked the manager if I should use them on all 4 wheels or just 2. He said it’s recommended to chain all power 4 tires (4x4). But I described it would only be for emergency situations for me since I HATE chains that one pair should be fine. He said I’d be mostly crawling in low anyway so not to worry. I haven’t used chains but a few times in 30 years.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I bought mine last year and I think it was about $100-125 for a pair. I asked the manager if I should use them on all 4 wheels or just 2. He said it’s recommended to chain all power 4 tires (4x4). But I described it would only be for emergency situations for me since I HATE chains that one pair should be fine. He said I’d be mostly crawling in low anyway so not to worry. I haven’t used chains but a few times in 30 years.
Same, I think a set of 2 will be enough to use just in sketchy situations. Do you mind uploading some pictures when you can? thanks!

scott_OR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Same, I think a set of 2 will be enough to use just in sketchy situations. Do you mind uploading some pictures when you can? thanks!
I don’t have any pics of them on. I can take pics of the bag and the chain. Give me a day or so.

Reactions: trail_runn4r