Sierra Expeditions, Mesa, AZ contact information?

• HTML tutorial

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Hey OB family, I am wondering if anyone has good contact information for anybody at Sierra Expeditions in Mesa, AZ.

Based on the recommendations from people here, I purchased a set of OME coil springs from Sierra Expeditions. While they were quick to charge my credit card, I have heard nothing out of them in almost 3 weeks. I've spent the last 4 days trying to contact them via telephone (# posted on their website), email and social media regarding my order status, but nobody answers the phone and none of my digital messages have been responded to.

At this point I would really like my payment returned so I can support someone who treats their customers with respect. Can anyone help me reach Sierra Expeditions?

Thank you!

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
As stated above, getting your credit card company involved will get their attention quickly. Or you’ll get your money back and you can buy what you need elsewhere.

I always try and use my CC when buying stuff because I’ve found that’s my best recourse if something were to go bad during the deal. They are there to fight for your money, might as well use their leverage to your advantage

Reactions: Charles M

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I had a company in China that gave me a satisfaction Guarantee. Their add stated it would be delivered in a week and I was still waiting a month later so I attempted to cancel the order. Request denied! When the order came in it was the wrong stuff. I contacted them again it was denied I contacted Paypal and again it was denied. So I contacted the CC company (USAA) and they checked it out and refunded my money a couple weeks later...

Moral of the story: I do not do business with any Foreign companies, Paypal is not on my side, use a credit card to do business with all Paypal purchases USAA is looking out for me.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

hmm, thats odd. I have always heard good things about them. They are local to me and I haven't heard any rumblings of issues in the local groups

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I received a refund from Sierra Expeditions today. There was no explanation as to what the issue with my order was (or is), or acknowledgement that I had tried to contact them. Nonetheless, I've ordered my parts from another source and am happy to not have needed to escalate my complaint to my CC company.

hmm, thats odd. I have always heard good things about them. They are local to me and I haven't heard any rumblings of issues in the local groups
A lot of folks praise them, which is why I wanted to give Sierra Expeditions a try versus a big online retailer. Shoot, when I first tried to get a hold of them I just wanted a status update for my order as I was happy to wait if the part was back ordered. No response for several days made me want to be done with them. I have a contact with someone who knows the owner and I believe that might be what prompted them to stop ignoring me.

Reactions: MoreGone

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I received a refund from Sierra Expeditions today. There was no explanation as to what the issue with my order was (or is), or acknowledgement that I had tried to contact them. Nonetheless, I've ordered my parts from another source and am happy to not have needed to escalate my complaint to my CC company.

A lot of folks praise them, which is why I wanted to give Sierra Expeditions a try versus a big online retailer. Shoot, when I first tried to get a hold of them I just wanted a status update for my order as I was happy to wait if the part was back ordered. No response for several days made me want to be done with them. I have a contact with someone who knows the owner and I believe that might be what prompted them to stop ignoring me.
Glad you got your refund. Always hate those disputes

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
They are a small shop with less than 6 employees I believe. Don't quote me on that. Still they should have responded. Will the owner is a good guy and I have never had any issues. Sorry you did. I am also local though and only talk to them in person or occasionally over the phone. Did you try the general sales #? vs Order status? It doesn't really matter I guess. Glad you got a refund.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have met and got to know several small shop owners over the years and fully appreciate the juggling act that is required of them to run the business. That's part of the reason I waited over 2 weeks to ask Sierra Expeditions about my order. I attempted contact 4 times and waited 24 hours between attempts, which is what their website indicated I should allow for a follow-up. The phone number I tried was (866) 507-4254 and was the number at the bottom of my order confirmation.

In the end I went with another small shop for my part and have already received a shipping confirmation :blush:

JayPerry

Rank III

Contributor III

208 Spirit Hill Circle, Smyrna, TN, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1JHP
Service Branch
US Army (IN - 11A)
I had almost the same experience with them when buying ARB recovery boards. I finally just called their customer service number and got someone. I can say this: While their initial customer service and communication may be lacking, they are a very small shop with some of the best folks you could deal with. I got my recovery boards and will definitely use them again (providing that I have the time to wait). I think that they don't warehouse a lot of things and order on a JIT process.