Show your Burbans

• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

I have a family of 6 we love going to the mountains and hitting some trails. I am also a fanatic for suburbans. I have my 97 k1500 which is my overland. Then I have a 2002 2500 8.1L which is my towing burb if I want to glam with my trailer. What do you got?

Attachments

scott_OR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Not sure it counts but I’ve got a ‘97 Yukon that I love. I was looking for a suburban when I bought it but just couldn’t find one I liked. I’ve since decided for me right now the Yukon is near perfect. Upgraded comms, stereo, exterior lights, new engine & a lot of new parts.

Attachments

Contributor III

Not sure it counts but I’ve got a ‘97 Yukon that I love. I was looking for a suburban when I bought it but just couldn’t find one I liked. I’ve since decided for me right now the Yukon is near perfect. Upgraded comms, stereo, exterior lights, new engine & a lot of new parts.
I like it! Want to get mine set up for comms. I have about 318k miles in it and still passing smog. I bought it for 800

Reactions: SkunkedGorilla

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
2007 suburban roof rack ikamper winch bumper.JPG

here's my Suburban (yukon xl)
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com
Warn EVO 12S w/ Factor 55 flat link
Icon 2.5 Coilovers at 2.5" lift front (71505)
Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
Cognito Upper Control Arms
Dobinson 2" lift rear springs (C09-045)
Air Lift helper bags (you need 60912 or 60913 for Dobinson springs)
SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller
OptimataYellow Top Battery
K&N cold air intake
JET Performance Throttle Body
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)

Last edited:

scott_OR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

View attachment 232656

here's my Suburban (yukon xl)
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com
Warn EVO 12S w/ Factor 55 flat link
Icon 2.5 Coilovers at 2.5" lift front (71505)
Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
Cognito Upper Control Arms
Dobinson 2" lift rear springs (C09-045)
Air Lift helper bags (you need 60912 or 60913 for Dobinson springs)
SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller
OptimataYellow Top Battery
K&N cold air intake
JET Performance Throttle Body
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)
beautiful beast!

Reactions: mrpeterclark

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Here is my 08 2500 6.0L 4x4. (VERY Dirty)
No lift, 265s
Front seats only, rear has bed and storage
Hidden 13K winch
100 watts Solar, 30amp MPPT with large deep cycle (forget amps)
Amazon rack on uni-strut
Most of the work has been done on the interior and 12V systems. Currently has 3 batteries, start, CPAP, Fridge/House.
Here it is parked with our new 2023 Venture Sonic. It too has Solar and 4 batteries.
I also built a 200 watt Solar suitcase that works on both the Suburban and the Sonic.

suburban1.jpgsuburban2.jpg

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Baseline Overland Suburban Roof Rack iKamper Fall 4.JPG
updated to 17" wheels (Method 703 Bead Grip) and BFG K02s. Added a Pelican BX140R cargo box behind the iKamper (there is ~28" of space behind the RTT). You can kind of see the green Gazelle T3 tent between the box and tent. I designed some brackets for a KC gravity pro light bar which were still installed. With a light bar out front I could easily push the iKamper forward 6+ inches (without it looking weird) and gain even more space on the back of the rack. We have our 7 bike Velocirax bike rack with one bike for my son's MTB race lol, DFG Shower Awning. This setup worked pretty well for our overnight camping during the race season with 2-6 people. Cooler and chuck box and clothes in the back.
Baseline Overland Yukon XL Suburban with KC Gravity Pro iKamper.jpg
baselineoverland.com

velojym

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alabama
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Caron
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4LBP
2004 Z71, Mostly stock, as I use it on the highway a bit. I'll be looking for that magical compromise as I continue to tinker with it.

Even with the recently insane gas prices, I've saved money on a couple of solo trips, as with the 3rd row out and middle seats folded, plenty of room for my air mattress, saving the also expensive lodging prices. I'd like to fit a hatchback tent, though I've thought about a RTT, but would rather keep what fuel economy I have.

Attachments

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It getting ready to be taken apart and get an 08 extra cab body put on it with a flatbed and rack for the tent. The tent way up on the roof has me climbing around like a monkey to setup and take down.
That's going to be awesome! I can imagine the setup/takedown right now is a pain.

-TJ