Show me a Road Sign.....really any sign...

• HTML tutorial

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

This sign is in the village of Kuma Konde in Togo, West Africa. It is near the Ghana border near a city called Kpalime. Kuma Konde is up in the small mountains to the west.
The sign, it's a very large concrete destination sign / roundabout / meeting point. It is also the only intersection of the village.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I'll preface posting this by saying that I grew up with a Father who's thirst for adventure led us past many a "No Trespassing" sign, and over many a fence. It seems that he always believed these posted do not enter - do not pass objects were meant for everyone but him. As a wee kid I of course tagged along over and under fences and gates and around signs. My Dad was a people person if nothing else, and many a time he was able to sweet talk us past security guards and closed places to witness and experience stuff the everyday person was not able to experience. (In the 1980's, he was able to talk us into getting a personal tour of the Ferrari factory in Maranello. Back in the days prior to guided tours and Ferrari museums at that location. Walked straight past the gate at the front of the building, into the front office, and proclaimed that we had traveled all the way from Canada and due to our namesake (ie: Ferrari) we should be allowed to have a tour. Lets; just say I still have memories of being toured around the facility, including the F1 garage, by the president of Ferrari).

But I digress, this picture is for my Dad.