• HTML tutorial

Wess_014d9e

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Wess
Last Name
Peek
OK, so I live in upstate NY and took a trip out west recently. Amazing trip, but it took 2 long days of driving just to get out there. I'm looking to maximize my time for my next trip. I see a lot of companies ship vehicles but there are other logistical questions.

Has anyone shipped their vehicle to maximize time? Where do you ship to? Are there pickup points? Or do I have to find a connection with fellow overlander to have it go to their location?

Reactions: Michael_Exploder

Michael_Exploder

Rank IV

Traveler III

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norton
Member #

A couple of things to consider when having Your vehicle shipped, most companies don’t pick up Your vehicle and immediately take it to Your destination, they make other pick ups and deliveries along the way up to and including dropping Your vehicle off at a terminal and loading it onto another truck going in the direction of Your delivery. There are car carriers (1-3 vehicles) that tend to get vehicles to their destinations quicker and there are larger carriers ( 3-9 vehicles) that tend to take longer.
If You are shipping Your rig loaded with gear there is always the chance that that gear could come up missing along the way, drivers stop in rest stops etc. and although insured, it could get ugly.
I always consider the drive to and from my destination part of the adventure….
Hope this helps…..