Investor

Traveler III

Norfolk, VA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

I've been looking around at all the Roof Top Tents. Where I live, you've got to secure just about everything. How do you secure a Roof Top Tent to your vehicle?

I found these Spanner Nut but wondered what other options are out there. I believe the RTT bolts are M8, so these should work?

Thanks

Sinocai

Rank IV

Member III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Iaconis
Member #

I've been looking around at all the Roof Top Tents. Where I live, you've got to secure just about everything. How do you secure a Roof Top Tent to your vehicle?

I found these Spanner Nut but wondered what other options are out there. I believe the RTT bolts are M8, so these should work?

Thanks
Depends on the type of tent but most have a rail that fits a slider with bolt in it. Using mine with 4 roof racks for weight distribution. Only 2 racks have a bolt on either side. A bar is then put on both bolts and and held on with crush washer and nylon nut. 20200907_222702.jpg

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I use these: 1599574892920.png
I will add, that to remove my tent, you need two different wrenches on 16 nuts, sockets wont fit, so anyone trying to steal my tent is looking at at least 30 minutes of knuckle cutting, box end wrenching.

Reactions: rgallant

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Amazon. I did include the link. I hope it's working for you.
Look up m8 Security nuts

Reactions: JersT4R