Seattle through Alaska Planning

• HTML tutorial

NOMAD5326

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Ok humans, looking to do a two-week trip to Alaska. Shipping my truck to a buddies house in Seattle from San Diego via U-Ship to keep w/this rough timeline. Looking for suggestions/critique on this rough plan.

Day 1 - Seattle to Vancouver 3 hours Vancouver to cache creek BC 4 hours. This is a longer driving day to get us going. Camping in cache creek is $24

Day 2 - cache creek BC to Hixon 4 hours or to Fraser Lake 6 hours

Day 3 - Hixson or Fraser lake to Smithers or terrace 5 hours on supposed to be gorgeous road

Day 4 to Prince Rupert 1 1/2 to 4 hours depending on our stop the night before. Price Rupert looks super cool. We have to drive out the same way for about 100 miles though the next day.

Day 5 - prince Rupert to Stewart or Hyder-6 hours

Day 6 - Stewart to Dease lake-6 hours

Day 7 - Dease lake to Whitehorse Yukon Territory 8 hours - the longest drive day

Day 8 - White horse to Tok Alaska -7 hours

Day 9 - Tok to Fairbanks 3 1/2 hours or continue to Denali 2 more hours.

Day 10 - assuming we go thru to Denali, stay 2 nights her in national park

Day 11 - Denali to anchorage 4 hours. Can hike on hatchet pass that your friend suggested, or drive thru to Seward another 2 1/2 hours from anchorage

Stay in Seward 2 nights days 12 & 13. Return via anchorage day 14. Seward and the kenaf fjords and wildlife refuge looks amazing - salmon fishing - NPS remote cabins or camping available.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Another option is to get on the WA->Ak ferry in Bellingham and ride up with your rig. I've been told there's even a spot to set up your tents on the ferry. We've been thinking abut trying that route.

-jim lee

PentictonJK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

penticton
First Name
Jason
Last Name
S
Member #

Another option is to get on the WA->Ak ferry in Bellingham and ride up with your rig. I've been told there's even a spot to set up your tents on the ferry. We've been thinking abut trying that route.

-jim lee
I have heard of this option can you confirm if allowed?? I'm thinking they would rather say no and get you too spend more $$ on the cabin

PentictonJK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

penticton
First Name
Jason
Last Name
S
Member #

Ok humans, looking to do a two-week trip to Alaska. Shipping my truck to a buddies house in Seattle from San Diego via U-Ship to keep w/this rough timeline. Looking for suggestions/critique on this rough plan.

Day 1 - Seattle to Vancouver 3 hours Vancouver to cache creek BC 4 hours. This is a longer driving day to get us going. Camping in cache creek is $24

Day 2 - cache creek BC to Hixon 4 hours or to Fraser Lake 6 hours

Day 3 - Hixson or Fraser lake to Smithers or terrace 5 hours on supposed to be gorgeous road

Day 4 to Prince Rupert 1 1/2 to 4 hours depending on our stop the night before. Price Rupert looks super cool. We have to drive out the same way for about 100 miles though the next day.

Day 5 - prince Rupert to Stewart or Hyder-6 hours

Day 6 - Stewart to Dease lake-6 hours

Day 7 - Dease lake to Whitehorse Yukon Territory 8 hours - the longest drive day

Day 8 - White horse to Tok Alaska -7 hours

Day 9 - Tok to Fairbanks 3 1/2 hours or continue to Denali 2 more hours.

Day 10 - assuming we go thru to Denali, stay 2 nights her in national park

Day 11 - Denali to anchorage 4 hours. Can hike on hatchet pass that your friend suggested, or drive thru to Seward another 2 1/2 hours from anchorage

Stay in Seward 2 nights days 12 & 13. Return via anchorage day 14. Seward and the kenaf fjords and wildlife refuge looks amazing - salmon fishing - NPS remote cabins or camping available.
Seems like a good route, also looking at a similar route but from Penticton to Prudo

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

I have heard of this option can you confirm if allowed?? I'm thinking they would rather say no and get you too spend more $$ on the cabin
Well, hat's what everyone up here tells me. They say its first come first serve on the tent deck space. The one odd thing is that I've also been told that you can NOT sleep in your rig. Its tent on deck, chairs in the main cabin or rent a private cabin.

-jim lee

Reactions: Terry Pickens