Launch Member

Advocate I

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Payonk
Member #

I'm just starting to look at seat covers for '17 Tacoma. Has anyone found covers that designed to work with the airbags in the seat?
Been looking for ones for the airbags as well. For the moment I just have never wet sprayed on my seats but would like addition protection.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dillon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ8J
I had the factory Nissan neoprene seat covers in my 2000 Xterra and they lasted for about 14 years. I think that they were made by CoverKing. I replaced the fronts with Wet Okele. That was the worst decision that I ever made. The Okeles started to show wear after about a year. and the seams started to go shortly after.

I put Cover King Neoprene covers on my '14 Xterra since it was new. They have two levels of neoprene covers, these are the bettor of the two. They still look and work as new after three years. I had some sun fading on the passenger seat bottom cover, I called customer service and they replaced the part in a week at no cost to me. I recommend them without reservation.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Dillon

You mention neoprene covers. I can see them for open top rigs (had them in the Wrangler back in the day) but would think they'd get rather hot in the summers. What do you find in your rig?

Boort

Dillon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ8J
@Boort

Yes, the neoprene covers don't breathe. I use them because they are waterproof and shed dirt easily. I haven't noticed that they hold heat, or cold, any more or less than any other seat covers. I have a leather interior under those neoprene covers and that doesn't breathe either.

The only problem that I've had with these covers is that they hold on to dog fur much more than other fabrics. My back seat usually looks like I have sheepskin covers!