San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336
Regarding the July 18 meetup, many of the regulars are off on different trips. Attendance for this meetup may be light, but you’re encouraged to still meet and have a meal together.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

We had originally considered Monache Meadows but that area is now closed due to the recent fires. Coyote Flats is another possibility located near Bishop on the eastern side of the Sierras. That would be a three-day Friday through Sunday trip perhaps on the weekend starting on August 9 or 23. Ongoing fires may impact that however as in past years when many fires were raging they would pretty much shut down the Sierra range so we will need to monitor that over the next few days. In-lieu of Coyote Flats we may also consider a run on the western side of the Sierras if open around the Shaver Lake area. We have not done that before as a group.

The challenge for August is to find an area that isn’t baking hot like our favorite deserts so that means the forests in the mountains but that can be impacted by fire closures.

Reactions: Pixel canvas

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have a few Colman lanterns and an old Colman stove that's heading for the trash if anyone is interested. They've been taking up room forever and I need to make space.

Pixel canvas

Rank III

Contributor II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Witherow
Member #

We had originally considered Monache Meadows but that area is now closed due to the recent fires. Coyote Flats is another possibility located near Bishop on the eastern side of the Sierras. That would be a three-day Friday through Sunday trip perhaps on the weekend starting on August 9 or 23. Ongoing fires may impact that however as in past years when many fires were raging they would pretty much shut down the Sierra range so we will need to monitor that over the next few days. In-lieu of Coyote Flats we may also consider a run on the western side of the Sierras if open around the Shaver Lake area. We have not done that before as a group.

The challenge for August is to find an area that isn’t baking hot like our favorite deserts so that means the forests in the mountains but that can be impacted by fire closures.
Amazing. Aug 9 is perfect for us!
I vote Aug 9. This all sounds great and looking forward to it.