Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hartman
Member #

Well? How is everyone doing on their projects? Hybrids has some parts to put on and Ben has a suspension to install. I am very busy as well but could carve out time over the next few weeks. I am also in 78209 but don't have anything better than a parking lot but it is shaded late afternoon. I might have tools and for sure two hands. One hand for the wrench and one for my beer. I not the most efficient or knowledgeable but I enjoy hanging out.

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might have already installed my suspension. It started with a wild hair Saturday before last. I watched a couple of videos and thought “huh. I could do that in a couple of afternoons”.

Ended up having tons of fun using ratchet straps as spring compressors, spring compressors as spring compressors, taking a grinder to the 4runner for the first time, ruining a front tie rod end, stripping a lower shock bolt, cutting tie rod end and shock bolt off, and using a grade 8 bolt from Lowe’s as a substitute. It’s still on there too.
Then had shop find a ruined inner tie rod end and bad wheel bearing while doing the alignment. Had them fix that. This entire process took me from that Saturday afternoon to Thursday afternoon. Working all evening every day after work.

Needless to say it’s all done now. And I’m probably taking a break from working on my car. BUT I’m still happy to meet up with y’all if we get an install day together and it works for my schedule. I’m happy to stand around, lend a hand, and offer snarky “helpful” comments [emoji23]. I can bring tools too if we set something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Finally have some time this week to attempt to install parts, if weather permits. Anyone have time to spare some help? I'm free Monday-Thursday anytime. I'll try to talk t0 the apartment to see if I can borrow a carport for a couple hours so I can work under the shade.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Finally have some time this week to attempt to install parts, if weather permits. Anyone have time to spare some help? I'm free Monday-Thursday anytime. I'll try to talk t0 the apartment to see if I can borrow a carport for a couple hours so I can work under the shade.
I might be available Thursday night. This week has the strong potential to go majorly sideways at work, but if not, Thursday would be possible. Wish I could make more of a commitment!

If nobody else is available we can touch base Wednesday or Thursday, and I can give you a better idea of my availability. Fingers crossed for work not being cray this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad