Rank II

Enthusiast I

Kinderhook, Columbia County, New York, United States
First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Hoffert
Member #

Do any of you know if the front runner roof top tent quick disconnects can work on a tube style rack like Gobi ? Or is some one making ones that will? I’ll fab something up if that’s my only option. Just wanted to check first. I just installed my 23zero yesterday and it is not going to be fun to take it on and off. Not much room to get my hands to the mounting brackets. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

From what I’ve seen the Front Runner brackets are designed to work with their flat bar mounting system (t-slots and M8 bolts) but I guess it would be possible to fab something to clamp to the round bar. I did something similar to mount maxtrax on an ARB rack.
Here’s a link to the install for the quick disconnects in case that helps https://dy55nndrxke1w.cloudfront.net/file/18/lSJerzslrs4JrnlSIZVlSIHxlWuUlS_vZ6S/rev=1/F_TBMK012.pdf
I used a flat plate and some u shaped clamps for the maxtrax mounts.

Unkle Luk

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Canton, MS
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

I was thinking about doing the same thing, utilizing some 80/20 Extrusions or something similar mounted on the under side of my tube roof rack. Does anyone have the overall height of the assembled bracket( from the mounting surface of the bottom bracket to the bottom of the tent rails)?

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
If its a quick disconnect for you, it is also a quick disconnect for a thief.
Food for thought.

Unkle Luk

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Canton, MS
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

If its a quick disconnect for you, it is also a quick disconnect for a thief.
Food for thought.
Definitely a fair and valid point, and something everyone should consider before using them. For me, after installing them, the tent will be either hanging in my garage or in use, so I am not too worried about it.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

The quick release mounts come with padlock fittings. I guess you really only need a padlock on one or two of them though.

Last edited: