• HTML tutorial

Wess_014d9e

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Wess
Last Name
Peek
Hey everyone. I currently have a Naturnest RTT, and I'm looking to upgrade the mattress. 79.1‘’*48‘’*2‘’(in) are the measurements, but I'm having a hard time finding one that matches the size. I'd like to go to 3in thick. Ive even thought of just ordering memory foam and cutting it to size. Any suggestions would be great.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Memory foam works as long as you don't camp when it gets cold. Memory foam gets rock hard when cold creating an uncomfortable sleep and it makes folding the tent up almost impossible.

Several RTT users report success using an Exped Mega Mat air mattress. I have one and it is worlds better than the stock RTT mattress. I'd say it was worth the price. The "Long Wide Double" mattress is pretty darn close to your original mattress at 77.6 x 52 x 4 inches.

Reactions: Wess_014d9e

Enthusiast II

Aylmer, ON, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Krauter
Service Branch
Army
I have found finding an extract fit to be very challenging.

I have this one in my RTT and love it. A small battery pump can get this to the perfect firmness in seconds and it stays for days on end.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Memory foam works as long as you don't camp when it gets cold. Memory foam gets rock hard when cold creating an uncomfortable sleep and it makes folding the tent up almost impossible.

Several RTT users report success using an Exped Mega Mat air mattress. I have one and it is worlds better than the stock RTT mattress. I'd say it was worth the price. The "Long Wide Double" mattress is pretty darn close to your original mattress at 77.6 x 52 x 4 inches.
Hest's mattress does really well in the cold, it's $$$ but was specifically designed to prevent the rock hard feeling in the cold... and if you don't want to deal with inflating/deflating... they make one specifically for RTT's

Wess_014d9e

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Wess
Last Name
Peek

Hest's mattress does really well in the cold, it's $$$ but was specifically designed to prevent the rock hard feeling in the cold... and if you don't want to deal with inflating/deflating... they make one specifically for RTT's
I was looking at the hest but the dimensions are 1 in to wide and 1 in to short. I'm not sure if there is that much tolerance in my tent. Any experience working with sizes that dont exactly match the tent?

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I was looking at the hest but the dimensions are 1 in to wide and 1 in to short. I'm not sure if there is that much tolerance in my tent. Any experience working with sizes that dont exactly match the tent?
Not with the Hest. But I've used mattresses for my old tepui tent that were a little too wide and more than a couple inches short, with no issues, but it probably varies by tent design

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
The Exped mat in my ARB RTT is wider than the original mattress by a couple of inches. It fits inside the tent without a problem. I like that the Exped mat is shorter than the original mattress since it leaves a place for my shoes inside the tent by the door.