San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
Hey all! I’m looking for some input on a mattress upgrade for my CVT Pioneer Series Mt. Reiner RTT. The current “mattress” that comes in it measures 70”x94”. I’ve looked at all sorts of brands and nothing comes close to that size. I’m wanting to upgrade due to having a bad back and need something with more support and can handle being stored inside the RTT when not in use and not get moldy like a regular foam topper would. Any input would be greatly appreciated! \lll/

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Have you looked in to a mesh support for under the mattress? There are various types out there from woven polypropylene to plastic. They can provide a bit more comfort, firm up the mattress, and improve air circulation under the mattress. Generally, they’re anywhere between 3 - 7cm so they don’t interfere with storing bedding.

Make Wai Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
Have you looked in to a mesh support for under the mattress? There are various types out there from woven polypropylene to plastic. They can provide a bit more comfort, firm up the mattress, and improve air circulation under the mattress. Generally, they’re anywhere between 3 - 7cm so they don’t interfere with storing bedding.
I do have the condensation mat but I just need something more supporting for my back, thanks for the input!

sebm

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Mess
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RUE
It's not a standard size so you're not going to find that easily.
I would suggest trying to fill the width properly and add a second cushion to fill the length.
I personally use 2x of these in my camper because I have 60x76"
A california king size is 72x84 so that might fit the best.

Reactions: Make Wai Overland