Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

I have been looking at options to assist with raising / lift RTT above the trailer. I wanted to minimize equipment and keep it simple for one person. I have come up with a method using existing jacks and a piece of exhaust pipe. So check it out.. all though it does put some load on the fenders, they did not flex or move at all. It was easy to control and I was able to lift each side up 2-3" without any resistance. My thought is to attach the pipe with clips to the track on the base of the RTT. Would like any feedback...

Attachments

Foretexas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Enid, OK, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harris
Member #

I have been looking at options to assist with raising / lift RTT above the trailer. I wanted to minimize equipment and keep it simple for one person. I have come up with a method using existing jacks and a piece of exhaust pipe. So check it out.. all though it does put some load on the fenders, they did not flex or move at all. It was easy to control and I was able to lift each side up 2-3" without any resistance. My thought is to attach the pipe with clips to the track on the base of the RTT. Would like any feedback...

Awesome, great thinking.

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Clever! I use a center mounted high lift scissor jack and high torque handheld drill, but this is a smart way to tackle it - just the bar that can be stowed easily.

Mike