Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

Sorry for the title name but I'm trying to find a source for nuts that fit in the tracks that A.R.E. uses on their toppers. Anyone have any idea where to purchase these?

Thanks!

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

Any help here would be appreciated. I want to attach "L" brackets to the track and bolt an awning to those brackets and I need a way to attach the brackets to the track on the roof of the topper.

Thanks!

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Check with any company that sell extruded aluminum. 8020 is one company, but there are many. They all use T nuts and tons of other stuff that works in the slots.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I ordered my ARE Overland topper with Yakima rails. Would the nuts be different if you ordered with Yakima or Thule rails? What rails do you have it setup for?

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

I think the rails are the same for either one. I just ordered my overland topper with the only rails that ARE had. I didn't see where there was a choice of different rails.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I think the rails are the same for either one. I just ordered my overland topper with the only rails that ARE had. I didn't see where there was a choice of different rails.
I'm not sure I see how you are going to slip a 'L' bracket in-between the rail and topper? I'll look at mine, but I think before the put the rail on, they glued it to the fiberglass top?

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

I'm not slipping the L bracket between the topper and the rail, I'm mounting the L bracket to the top of the rail running a bolt thru the bracket into a nut in the slot in the rail if that makes any sense.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I'm not slipping the L bracket between the topper and the rail, I'm mounting the L bracket to the top of the rail running a bolt thru the bracket into a nut in the slot in the rail if that makes any sense.
Ah I got. Visually I was trying to see that would work. Got now. I'm slow.

IAm_Not_Lost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

A really cheap way that I use because I ran into the same problem with my Rhino Rack rails is to use elevator bolts and just trim a sliver off the sides so that they slide into the rail. It's about 30 seconds of dremel work with a little cutoff wheel per bolt to trim them. The nice thing is you can find these anywhere, so I use them for everything that I mount and have spares.