Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Hey guy, looking for ideas on for roof top fuel container, holder for Toyota 4runner with Gobi rack.. Thanks for your feedback!!
One thing to consider is what else are you carrying on the rack aside from boards now and in the future? If it's only the fuel and boards then the flat rotopax style is nice, keeps it low profile. If you are like me I need all the space up there so taking up 40% of the rack with boards and fuel doesn't work.

I'm not a big fan of the jerry cans standing straight up. I had two and tried different ways to mount it. Sucks and they usually leak after a while. It also makes it too tall and depending on your destination it can hang up on stuff. If you do have jerry can style fuel container there are brackets to set them more on their side, but still that's 1ft above your rack surface sticking up.

I would suggest looking into the 3gal size style like rotopax has. It's a more compact shape and can run one or two on different parts of the rack. Even stacking two, one on top of the other it's only 8" tall.

This is not my picture but for reference.

@cam_toyota_tech

Ross

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Augusta, SC
Member #

Space is an issue, that's why I'm looking at the cans. I may have a lead on the current military style ones, would put on back with spout pointing skyward. Have a friend with this set up and he said it works great and is inline with his boxes on the roof..