Roll-call for the UAE

• HTML tutorial

Dennis1980

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dubai, UAE
Member #

Hi All! Just Joined!
2 years in UAE. Heavilly modified Wrangler Rubicon. Just as well no longer into dune bashing... Rather overland/camping trips with the family solo. Some routes are challenging so would love to join group with same interests as mention up the thread))

please let me know if there any trips planned.

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

JPZ - Wellcome we have our first meeting this weekend & you are more than welcome to join as it will be a Friday Night Camp. PM me and I will get you details.

Reactions: Michael

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Hi Guys. Great to see so many like minded people getting into it. We are planning a get together this coming weekend. Overland Bound [emoji1256]'a 1st gathering. We have people joining from Ajman and Abu Dhabi. So on our first session we will have 3 out of 7 Emirates involved. Which I think is amazing. We also have an official WHATSAPP group. So PM me or Stuart (overland UAE) and we will gladly add you.

williamrlward

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abu Dhabi
Member #

Good my membership and my Driving License sorted!
Borrowing my Dads 4X4 until I can get my own. Just got to check off road insurance.

Let me know when you guys are next doing a day trip!

dsapsfo1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi All, I'm Dan and I've just signed up after finding the website details from an informative video on tyre-repairs! I'm from the UK, but have been out in Abu Dhabi for the last 3 years, together with my wife and our 22 month old son. We love escaping the city and exploring and camping out and about and have completed some recent trips exploring the wadis in RAK and Musandam - there's some amazing scenery out there for us to find. We run a pretty much stock Prado 120 and look forward to sharing information about trips in the region.

Cheers...

Reactions: stuart.404

Paul_FJxtreme

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dar es Salaam
Member #

Good to see that we have our own region, let's make sure that we all keep in touch and post track and events that we are planning or have done. I am always up for a trail... Paul

Jan Beadle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Abu Dhabi, UAE
Member #

Hey guys,

Just joined, been stuck in the sand more often than not, so enjoy the mountains of Oman more, so when the summers over and anyone is free midweek to avoid the madding crowds, i'm in!

Paul_FJxtreme

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dar es Salaam
Member #

Hey guys,

Just joined, been stuck in the sand more often than not, so enjoy the mountains of Oman more, so when the summers over and anyone is free midweek to avoid the madding crowds, i'm in!
I often go out to RAK or Oman but also enjoy the desert. With so much sand here in the UAE it's worth joining an offroad group to learn the basics of sand driving. We're probably going to do Al Awir to RAK in the next few weeks if you're interested. Its sand driving but more about navigation and route finding than dune bashing! I'm on whatsapp 0566 82 7090 if you want to connect. Paul

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Hi Gents,

Wellcome onboard the Overlandbound Family. We have a trip coming up in Eid. We will be going to Oman, Jebel Shams and surrounding areas.
We already have an official local whatsapp group so please feel free to join. My mobile is +971526497136.

Current admin is Stuart & Myself.

Reactions: Bond007

Paul_FJxtreme

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dar es Salaam
Member #

Hi all, just joined. Been in UAE fir 5 years but hardly ever been out in the sand! Hope all are welcome?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome Stevie, there are regular drives but not always from here. Send me your mobile and I will keep you posted on any drives that are going on, although there are a lot less at this time of year.

Paul
0566 82 7090

Corbie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings all, I've only been here a short time, both UAE and Overlanding. Picking up my vehicle hopefully this week, looking forward to meeting everyone, and mountain and sand driving. The former I have a bit of experience, the later is new to me. I can't wait to learn from you'all and share what I know.
What's app me at +971559908580

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: CABNOIR

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Hi Gents, just want to say thanks to everyone who make it on Friday. It was a great evening and early morning. If you guys are not on the whatsapp group yet please feel free to send me a message on +971526497136

Reactions: JPZimbo

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hi UAE!

Thought I'd give this thread a bump to see who's around :wink:

Have you had any meetup's in the UAE yet (and if not, would any of you be interested in one)?

Cheers,
Christoff

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

I’m here, but don’t check the Forum that often. Chris in Abu Dhabi
Hi Chris, I'll be sending out a DM to all you guys as I think a lot of folks don't necessarily check the forums that often. I'd like to see if anyone's interested in a meetup and/or just a general catch-up on the region.

Reactions: Luis Merlo