Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

So I will not be able to attend this get together. Between Overland expo and planning a trip to Cape Lookout next month I simply don't have the time. With that being said, I will not cancel this entire event please keep this thing going without me!

If you have any questions please let me know and see some of you at the Expo!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I've not been to Brown Mtn before, but I'm still planning on going. Bringing a buddy as well and his 2k Cherokee. Will be camping Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I am still in. Since there are only a couple that can make it. I would suggest Uwharrie since there is more to do and know my way around a little better. Or, maybe meet early and give Richland rd in Blowing Rock a run before going to Brown mtn. That is if Richland rd is still open. Either, way I good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: tsingson

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I will know as it gets closer. If we hit Uwharrie again, I am still limited to the beginner trails. I know for most this was very easy but in the Airliner, it was definitely challenging.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

tsingson, I did not make the Uwharrie meet with the rest of you. Are you driving the stock Expedition? If so, Richland has a couple spots that might make it though! I think Brown mtn. Will no problem from what I have heard and YouTube. Uwharrie, we can pick a camp site and if want to trail ride some harder trails you can ride with me, if willing!!!

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Not sure I am ready to jump in that deep yet. But mine is the EL. Just imagine another 16 inches on the back of his. That's how long mine is.

Alejandro Uribe

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Nc/sc
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Uribe
Member #

I'm new to overland bound, and live in the Charlotte area. I can definitely be out there though just set a date.

Reactions: kopper99

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

It looks like it might just be me going as my daughter has stuff for school and I don't want to take her away from that. Might bring the little guy (dog) with me as a ride partner. So is it lunch then wheeling or wheeling then lunch or dinner? I know I won't be doing the camping for sure but wanted to plan out my trip.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Guess I will semi take over. I would like to say never been to Brown mtn, so will be just going with the flow! That being said. The original plan was to meet up Saturday9/9/17 morning, find camping spot, and a drive top top? And eat lunch, then come back to camp eat and hang out. So, will try to stick with that and alter as needed. I will be camping. So, do as you please. Suggestions welcome as to what to do and where to camp. Or, go somewhere totally different! Speak up!

Reactions: tsingson

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Let's just stick to original plan. Meet Saturday morning 9/9/17 at 9:00am at entrance to Brown mountain OHV and go from there. I will be camping Saturday night, maybe Friday also? Is everyone going, good with this? Open to suggestions if want to go somewhere else! I will be driving Black 2 dr jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using OB TalkView attachment 33319

Last edited:

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I was watching a youtube clip of Brown Mountain and saw that there are some technical portions that I know my EL wouldn't be able to go through. Do all of the real technical portions have bypasses?

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

There were some portions of Easy Uwharrie that really got me. I made it but definitely a lot easier for the smaller/modified guys.