Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

How did it go?
First night was a thunderstorm which we "weathered" just fine. We got to camp and had to setup in the dark but the rack lights really helped a lot there.
We went to a 2nd site the next day and found a great place by a creek in the mountains of N GA. Had a beautiful day and enjoyed the time with my wife relaxing, talking, and walking.

RTT works out really well for us. Plenty of room to sleep and have two "carry up" bags with things we'd need. No condensation issues by leaving the side windows partially open.
We use a Jetboil Minimo to prepare our coffee and meals. One burner seems to workout just fine for us. We're on a carnivore diet so we prepare very simple meals and we're not in a hurry. Saves a good few lbs over the 2 burner coleman.
The Dometic CFX3 55IM is so much better than cooler and ice.
Gladiator was great. On the way to 2nd camp site we went thru a bunch of sloppy GA clay, uphill, w/o an issue. This truck can do so much more than I'm willing to get myself into. Gives me some piece of mind.

We're just getting into this camping/overlanding stuff in our 50's. Heading to CO/UT in Sept for our first big trip. Alpine Loop in CO, Shafer Trail and White Rim in UT. Can't wait!

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
How did it go?
First night was a thunderstorm which we "weathered" just fine. We got to camp and had to setup in the dark but the rack lights really helped a lot there.
We went to a 2nd site the next day and found a great place by a creek in the mountains of N GA. Had a beautiful day and enjoyed the time with my wife relaxing, talking, and walking.

RTT works out really well for us. Plenty of room to sleep and have two "carry up" bags with things we'd need. No condensation issues by leaving the side windows partially open.
We use a Jetboil Minimo to prepare our coffee and meals. One burner seems to workout just fine for us. We're on a carnivore diet so we prepare very simple meals and we're not in a hurry. Saves a good few lbs over the 2 burner coleman.
Gladiator was great. On the way to 2nd camp site we went thru a bunch of sloppy GA clay, uphill, w/o an issue. This truck can do so much more than I'm willing to get myself into. Gives me some piece of mind.

We're just getting into this camping/overlanding stuff in our 50's. Heading to CO/UT in Sept for our first big trip. Alpine Loop in CO, Shafer Trail and White Rim in UT. Can't wait!
It’s quite a different experience when you’re up on your rig, isn’t it? Pros & Cons obviously, but the Pros out weigh the cons for me. Anyways nice rig! I’ll need to get a pic of my updated setup when I get to camp tonight.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

The Shafer & White Rim Trails are both Awesome.
You'll have a great time I'm sure!
Nice Setup!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign