Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

No Known Boundaries

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Western US
Member #

Tahoe/Suburban's, before all the PLASTIC,....................nice! A couple of questions,......the back bumper, is it custom or a offered brand design? The front bumper looks like a minimalist custom. What was the reason for that direction rather than something more stout. I saw a couple of years back where 'Buckstop' offered front bumpers with full protection for your truck generation. 2nd question, How do you like the Milestars, and how are they in snow? Satisfied with them overall?. They were my first choice but were not available nationwaide in my 285x75Rx16 when I was looking. I got the Americus rugged MT's indtead, and have been satisfied so far.
- Rear swingout is custom made. You can buy the springed pins and latches and spindles and all that from Barnes or wherever really easily. Just need to come up with a frame design & mounts, then get to welding.

- Just wanted a winch mount. I don't like the weight of those ranch bumpers, they reduce approach angle and get in the way of tire placement, and look like hot dog shit in the process. No part of them appeals to me. A custom front stubby stinger or tube style would be cool for a dedicated crawler, but isn't necessary for a touring truck IMO.

-I got the Milestars for $250 from a buddy who went up to 40s. That's half the cost of a single brand new Nitto in this size. I couldn't say no, and they're a good holdover until I buy some new Nittos. They allow me to trim the fenders and get bumpstops all squared away in the meantime. They're great in terms of traction and off-road performance. But they're notorious for shoddy balancing and tread wear, as well as not being particularly durable. Most people are getting under 30K out of them, as I hear. If you don't daily your touring truck, and you're on 37s+, they're good value. But I wouldn't even entertain buying them in a 33".

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #