SLVRon

Rank I

Enthusiast I

US
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Shafer Trail, Island in the Sky District, Canyonlands NP. Interesting to run this one top to bottom after storms - a bit more attention needed on those slippery hairpins near the top ;)

utah-21 (2 of 2).jpg

The freshly installed Front Runner slimline rack survived the trip without falling off, which was nice.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
There is quite a large community on XC70 in America. Way more options than here in Germany.
I also meant to say "overlanding"

Did you lift yours at all. Definitely bigger tires.
Sadly no lift at all. Two reasons: 1st unfortunately my XC70 runs the active FOUR-C suspension which makes impossible to add a lift without producing a warning sign (there are some ideas to cut out the sensor and cable tie it to the lift shocks and that leads me to the 2nd reason: the German technical board is a pain in the …

Tires are stock size 215/65R16 BFG Ko2
But they perform pretty nice on different surfaces.

DHancock

Rank III

Contributor III

Yucaipa, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hancock
Member #

‘99 LX470: Purchased newish in 2003 as family vehicle, repurposed at 100,000 miles (2013). It’s my 6th off road/overlander and probably the best so far.

To many upgrades to list. Most useful are 2” lift with Kings all around, ARB lockers, part time conversion, 200 watt/300ah solar/battery sys., kitchen, tent with heated mattress, 12k winch, recovery points, HAM (for listening!), integrated navigation with Gaia, Garmin Overlander for portability… blah blah blah!

Attachments