Rank II

Contributor III

Broadalbin, NY
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Remington
Member #

1996 Tacoma with a 3” lift, 32” tires rolling on American racing wheels, Apex front bumper with a Warn 9500 winch, full skid plates with a differential skid, new paint, newer interior and carpet, Smittybilt XL tent on a Tuff Stuff rack, All Pro sliders, wireless light controller, smittybilt compressor, 100 watt solar panel. I’m waiting on a CBI Outback bumper with a swing arm tire mount. A lot of lighting for camping and driving. I’m going to install a OME suspension next after the bumper comes in. This only gets driven in summer and I just made it camping ready two weeks ago so I’ve only been out once.0B1A758A-C791-4721-A482-A2BB0B628B9B.jpeg60F15C27-F6E0-46E4-B6E6-0F80B6B75D59.jpegF05533FE-729E-451D-A1B8-DB5B8F871669.jpegD78A8EFC-0AD6-486E-BC97-71D978901D2B.jpegB557F817-34D5-4BF7-BFEC-C945432C2E11.jpeg9724108F-FF62-46AF-96F3-E586265C537B.jpeg6F18BE43-8BDD-4395-84DC-61BA4379A1A5.jpeg9724108F-FF62-46AF-96F3-E586265C537B.jpegB557F817-34D5-4BF7-BFEC-C945432C2E11.jpeg

Attachments

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Great looking rack! How did you manage to get your RTT clamps to clear the bar? Mine were not deep enough to clear the bar.
Hey @Sjo527 - the iKamper sits on 2 cross bars I attached to the Ozroo rack. Theres 3 support beams running up down the Ozroo rack (the ones that came with it) and the cross bars are attached facing left right over the tub sitting ontop of the ozroo up down support runs. The bars a just black square steel tubing from Bunnings fixed to the rack by using M6 screws.
These cross bars also allow me to run 2 orange LED lights, which sit nicely under the bottom of the iKamper platform.
All the wiring for the lights, fridge, air compressor, up to the roof etc run through tucked up in these support bars.
Hope that helps and makes sense mate.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Hey @Sjo527 - the iKamper sits on 2 cross bars I attached to the Ozroo rack. Theres 3 support beams running up down the Ozroo rack (the ones that came with it) and the cross bars are attached facing left right over the tub sitting ontop of the ozroo up down support runs. The bars a just black square steel tubing from Bunnings fixed to the rack by using M6 screws.
These cross bars also allow me to run 2 orange LED lights, which sit nicely under the bottom of the iKamper platform.
All the wiring for the lights, fridge, air compressor, up to the roof etc run through tucked up in these support bars.
That makes sense. I contemplated doing something similar before reaching out to iKamper for the old style brackets. Seems like it works well!

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

That makes sense. I contemplated doing something similar before reaching out to iKamper for the old style brackets. Seems like it works well!
I never even thought of that lol - Nice ones! happy with the fit using the older style brackets?

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I never even thought of that lol - Nice ones! happy with the fit using the older style brackets?
Yes with the 1.0 brackets you can get longer carriage bolts if needed. iKamper also sent them for free when I explained my rack was too thick for the 2.0 style. They only asked for a picture before sending them along. I will say they are a bit more of a pain to put on vs the 2.0. But a much better fit so I’m happy with them.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Yes with the 1.0 brackets you can get longer carriage bolts if needed. iKamper also sent them for free when I explained my rack was too thick for the 2.0 style. They only asked for a picture before sending them along. I will say they are a bit more of a pain to put on vs the 2.0. But a much better fit so I’m happy with them.
Thats awesome man and good to hear iKamper came to the party with a bracket assist for free.

Reactions: Shahn

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW