Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

HOT-ROD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sanford, ME, USA
Member #

Always wanted this truck as soon as it came out. Still remember the original commercial, lol. It’s a 96. When I first began my journey, I had a camburg 2.5” set up. I loved it. There wasn’t a lot out there Tacoma wise back in 05/06 that really appealed to me. I added sliders, 33’s, bumpers, lockers and gears. Kinda went hog wild with it...... In eastern Ct there is mostly rocks, I didn’t have the $ to do a SAS. But I always wanted to do it and I wished that Toyota kept the axles straight, but I understand why. ( just my personal thoughts ). Ok so fast forward a lot, and a lot of $ later, I was able to build my truck the way I would like!!! So here it is. IMG_0452.JPGIMG_0450.JPG oh, and I kind of like lights....... IMG_0449.JPG

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
First pic is my former rig on Padre Island National Seashore (PINS) at the 20 mile mark of the 4x4 only section, around Big Shell Beach. After 250,000+ miles, she met her end at an intersection in town while my son was driving. Totaled, but still ran.

The rest is of my current rig at Hidden Falls Adventure Park.
IMAG1284.jpg IMAG1409.jpg IMAG1410.jpg IMAG1414.jpg IMAG1415.jpg

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
If you come again, look us up and we’ll show you some of our great wee roads. We have to go overlanding just to do a big city shopping trip!
I can believe that. Not as bad here in TX, but it is still a 10 mile trip through corn fields to the nearest grocery store for us.

Reactions: keeflester

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
20190214_122335.jpg Here's a photo of our rig. 1999 Ford E-350 EB 4x4. Started as a $500 beater a year ago. 4x4 conversion, axle swap, and interior build-out all done by myself. 200W Renogy solar system, 200Ah house battery system, Whynter 65qt fridge freezer. Still lots of work to be done, but its already taken us to some amazing places. This photo is from an expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this February...

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 87863 Here's a photo of our rig. 1999 Ford E-350 EB 4x4. Started as a $500 beater a year ago. 4x4 conversion, axle swap, and interior build-out all done by myself. 200W Renogy solar system, 200Ah house battery system, Whynter 65qt fridge freezer. Still lots of work to be done, but its already taken us to some amazing places. This photo is from an expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this February...
Great job, put together a rig build thread for her! I know I’d like watch and allthe great mods.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding