Rank V

Enthusiast III

Elgin, Moray, Scotland, United Kingdom
First Name
David
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

Nice ride! Looks like you're definitely headed for some river crossings. :sunglasses: So got a question??? What are the two wire-lines on the front of the rig for? I've seen one other rig with them and was curious as to there function.

Can't wait to see pics of a few crossings. :grinning:
Hi, thank you for liking my rig! The two wires on the front are what we call bush wires. They are basically to aid in pushing low lying brush and branches away from the windscreen if travelling along overgrown tracks. Heavily used in jungle expeditions etc, but definitely useful where plant growth is excessive. Some tracks can get overgrown very quickly if not used very often.
Hopefully this answers your question. They can be ordered from www.bushcables.com and are pretty universal or you could make your own. The ones from Bushcables are stainless steel with stainless steel turnbuckles.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi, thank you for liking my rig! The two wires on the front are what we call bush wires. They are basically to aid in pushing low lying brush and branches away from the windscreen if travelling along overgrown tracks. Heavily used in jungle expeditions etc, but definitely useful where plant growth is excessive. Some tracks can get overgrown very quickly if not used very often.
Hopefully this answers your question. They can be ordered from www.bushcables.com and are pretty universal or you could make your own. The ones from Bushcables are stainless steel with stainless steel turnbuckles.
Thanks for the info. I'd probably make my own. I used a similar setup (much shorter though) on decks I built to hold the end post next to the house straight up since they have a tendency of bending outward. this was done in lieu of bolting to the house corner.

I'll add it to my wish list since I still have other items more critical... like fender and winch.

Still looking forward to additional pics. :sunglasses:

Reactions: SpeysideAT35

SpeysideAT35

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

Thanks for the info. I'd probably make my own. I used a similar setup (much shorter though) on decks I built to hold the end post next to the house straight up since they have a tendency of bending outward. this was done in lieu of bolting to the house corner.

I'll add it to my wish list since I still have other items more critical... like fender and winch.

Still looking forward to additional pics. :sunglasses:
I’ll get more pics up over the coming months. My wish list grows everyday
At moment waiting on my RSI Smartcanopy. Other main priorities are winch, airlockers, rear mounted spare wheel carrier

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I’ll get more pics up over the coming months. My wish list grows everyday
At moment waiting on my RSI Smartcanopy. Other main priorities are winch, airlockers, rear mounted spare wheel carrier
So I looked up RSI Smartcanopy. Now I know to what you're referring. I predict you'll have the best looking rig at the campsite. :grinning:

Reactions: SpeysideAT35

SpeysideAT35

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

Oh I d
So I looked up RSI Smartcanopy. Now I know to what you're referring. I predict you'll have the best looking rig at the campsite. :grinning:
Oh I don’t know about that......I’m going for more function rather than looks, plus once it’s covered in mud it won’t matter about looks

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

SpeysideAT35

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

View attachment 46885 View attachment 46881 View attachment 46882 View attachment 46883. Few up dates on my dmax
Coated all the arches
Powder coated the roof rack
3 inch lift and new shockers.
View attachment 46885 View attachment 46881 View attachment 46882 View attachment 46883. Few up dates on my dmax
Coated all the arches
Powder coated the roof rack
3 inch lift and new shockers.
Nice truck! Like the drawer system you have, did you make yourself? Where did you get the roof rack powder coated? Although my rack not that old it’s already showing ware....obviously doesn’t like the wet sea air around here.
Your almost getting as tall as the Arctic with a 3” lift

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
Nice truck! Like the drawer system you have, did you make yourself? Where did you get the roof rack powder coated? Although my rack not that old it’s already showing ware....obviously doesn’t like the wet sea air around here.
Your almost getting as tall as the Arctic with a 3” lift
I carnt understand you getting the south african tub top , ive a friend who has one good but nothing special , i had mine built by N&J ALUMINIUM CLITHERO , that top has been on two dmax the draw sytems been in three navaras and then two dmax very cost effective and built in the uk They built my roof rack too. And when i hit a tree last thursday the replaced and servised side doors great family business I use my trucks for work and play.