Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I was in cornwall uk last year , a vw t5 pulled next to me lets say a job in progress , Had a chat (as you do) We parted company , next moning i looked over to see him cooking with what looked like a big sqaure pan as i walked past i stopped . No smell of food we brits love a fry up and its the best smell in the world , he proceeded to turn the pan over , i commented what is in there. Full english !! He called me over and opened up what was a big pie iron except it was not iron but light as a feather aluminium ,
He open it up to reveal heaven in a pan two egg bacon sauge and mushrooms mmmmm
I enqired on were he got it and proceeded to there later on in the day sold out the guy said fishermen buy them up .
Well twelve months past , yester day i was in a agricultural hard ware store when i heard the magic
Words RIDGE MONKEY I followed They had them in stock. Pan and carry bag and orderd the utilty tool kit Happy days carnt wait to try it. PICS TO FOLLOW

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Interesting! Here in the US, we have similar device called a Pie Iron, but made from cast iron.

Anyone else use Pie Irons?
Yes i have the pie irons , these have used the same idea but have modenised it , and it will cook an amazing array of food on a small meadium flame , would not want to back pack it though

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY and Steve

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg well tried it out bacon omerlate , cooked bacon first staired two eggs then added them , turning pan over at short intervals
Tasted great

Reactions: ASNOBODY