Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Filbey
Member #

Whoa, since when? Last time I was there was back in early December, we had rolled in right after a huge thunder storm so we spent the better part of the night clearing debris. I try to always be aware of what’s private property, so not to trespass, as well as what’s closed or open. There was a section of the trail closed for an animal wild-life refuge, that was sealed with a mound of tall dirt, but that was all we saw
I was just there in November. Same deal. The off limit storyline is greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Just be mindful of private property and courteous to the local residents. That rule applies anywhere up there.

Reactions: OverTerra_B-UTE

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
I don’t know the Talamina Trail, but if you traversed from Nine Pines Rd near Clayton and followed the Kiamichi Ridge line and went past an old fire tower with a stone shop and came past Three Sticks Monument and maybe continued across to Mena.....That is the K Trail.
If so, everything not in in Ouachita NF is private property. Even the retired and property returned Lookout.
This came out about two years ago. Fines upwards of $500.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverTerra_B-UTE

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

That was our drone video from October of last year before fall starting making its way there
Bah! Haha we have already talked about this trail at one of the meet ups! Didn’t realize it was you. Opps! Thanks for the video though!

Elite Overland Crew

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whitewright, TX
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Stibbens
Member #

Hello everyone!
Joining in on this group

We just moved from Prosper to Whitewright.
Will be checking in to see when the next meetup is.

We are heading to big bend in 2 weeks for a weekend trip.

Reactions: BigFootAdventures

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The weekend of may 17-18 there is a free truck and jeep show held by 4 wheel parts at dallas market hall. Same weekend there is also the bolivar jeep fest on crystal beach. Im torn between the 2 id really like to do some shark fishing before summer kicks in. After these the only other off road show is the avid outdoor expos in october

ntx377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley View, TX
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Kleppe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KAR
Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Welcome Rob, It's not really active at this time. But check out the Overland Bound Rally Ozarks in Ozark, AR on June 7-9. You can find it under "Event" here.

ntx377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley View, TX
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Kleppe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KAR
Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Yes they are starting up again. Check out DFW Monthly Overland Bound Meet It can be found in Overland Trips and Events, Overland Bound Meetups. We had a meet on Saturday June 29th.