louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i didnt know theses even existed until a few months ago...

didnt stick this under the "tool" section because its probably not really an overland tool per se, but it is very handy to have. ive been using it a lot and since i always carry 18v tools and batteries with me, it made sense to get it. i'm redoing a lot of my electrical in the camper and using this exclusively and it works extremely well. got it off amazon of course and im sure there are versions for other popular battery brands. seeing how it is heating an element, i expected the battery to deplete quickly, but surprisingly a 5ah battery will last a very long time. figured i'd share since it might be very useful to someone on here...

IMG_3134.JPG

Last edited:

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

didnt stick this under the "tool" section because its probably not really an overland tool per se, but it is very handy to have. ive been using it a lot and since i always carry 18v tools and batteries with me, it made sense to get it. i'm redoing a lot of my electrical in the camper and using this exclusively and it works extremely well. got it off amazon of course and im sure there are versions for other popular battery brands. seeing how it is heating an element, i expected the battery to deplete quickly, but surprisingly a 5ah battery will last a very long time. figured i'd share since it might be very useful to someone on here...

View attachment 281479
Nice to see somebody actually using one in the wild. I've thought about picking one up for myself as well.

Reactions: grubworm

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

View attachment 281479
Do you have a link by chance?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Do you have a link by chance?
i cant copy and paste amazon links anymore...even the old links i used in the past on here are now dead
just type in Cordless Soldering Iron Station on amazon and it should go right to it. they are $29.99 and there is one for a dewalt battery and of course the milwaukee

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
i cant copy and paste amazon links anymore...even the old links i used in the past on here are now dead
just type in Cordless Soldering Iron Station on amazon and it should go right to it. they are $29.99 and there is one for a dewalt battery and of course the milwaukee
I noticed all I saw was the Amazon logo.

I did find one for the Ridgid batteries. Cool thing.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)

View attachment 281479
Coolest thing since sliced bread, or beer in a can....LOL
I"m a Milwaukee guy too so it's on my radar.
Zim

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Coolest thing since sliced bread, or beer in a can....LOL
I"m a Milwaukee guy too so it's on my radar.
Zim
i cant post the link, but there is also a usb adapter you can buy for around $18 that slides onto the battery and has USB ports for charging phones, etc. and has a decent light built in too. just type "milwaukee battery adapter" on amazon
i have it as well and its pretty nice to have. a lot of times we're out in the boonies and the wife's phone is dead and i can just charge it off one of my M18 batteries instead of having to turn on the truck ignition to energize the cigarette lighter port. i like having options like this

1720230888463.png1720230866249.png

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 281479
That´s supercool.

I have been looking for a mobile soldering iron for a long time. The first one I had was one with a 12V connection for the 12V socket or cigarette lighter socket. That was crap. Then I used a gas-powered soldering iron for a long time. Very good performance. However, it was annoying on the road because I had to carry a small gas cartridge with me to refill it. For two years now I've a 4 volts battery-powered soldering iron that is charged via USB. Very good performance. It puts out a maximum temperature of 470 degree celsius which is nearly 900F and quickly heating up.

And at first I would have thought that the small battery wouldn't last long. But far from it. It lasts about an hour, which is more than enough for the small jobs that may be necessary on the road. The thing is great!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
i cant post the link, but there is also a usb adapter you can buy for around $18 that slides onto the battery and has USB ports for charging phones, etc. and has a decent light built in too. just type "milwaukee battery adapter" on amazon
i have it as well and its pretty nice to have. a lot of times we're out in the boonies and the wife's phone is dead and i can just charge it off one of my M18 batteries instead of having to turn on the truck ignition to energize the cigarette lighter port. i like having options like this

View attachment 281527View attachment 281526
I found the soldering iron. Reviews were sketchy so I'll probably get the battery one without the digital.
I don't do a lot of soldering. I've got 8 charging ports in the rear of the truck so don't have a need for the usb/flash light thing.
There's some cool stuff out there for Milwaukee. Just got the 90* sanding and polishing wiz wheel. That set me back some rubbles. LMAO
Zim

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I haven't seen one like this that connects to a power tool battery (pretty cool), but I have a cordless rechargeable soldering iron not much bigger than a ink pen that I keep in my centre console. I've never had to use it and hope I never will, though.