Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I signed up for the mailing list over a year ago, and never heard from them. I completely forgot about that until this post. Sounds like fun.

Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I signed up for the mailing list over a year ago, and never heard from them. I completely forgot about that until this post. Sounds like fun.
It does sound like fun, but they do seem a bit hit-n-miss in the communications department. I do know they will be all over you like white-on-rice if you attempt to use any form of their name for your own thing!

I know one person who participated; it was on one of the first runs. They said it was fun, but needed better organizing and such.

I, and another person have been talking about trying to form a club along these lines. We were thinking of having the shutoff date being the '70s, but concentrate on the '30s through the '60s.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Sounds like fun, I may have to see about doing it some time. While my truck is a 1990 and the cut off is 1989, the 89-91 Suburbans look the same, I am sure I could slide in "in the Spirit Of" the whole thing.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Sounds like fun, I may have to see about doing it some time. While my truck is a 1990 and the cut off is 1989, the 89-91 Suburbans look the same, I am sure I could slide in "in the Spirit Of" the whole thing.
You'll have to let us know if they let you join. I've been told by one of the members that they are very stringent, "look" has nothing to do with it. The person I know who went on one said it's a juried event; the inspect the vehicle and gear evidently to make sure it falls into guidelines. Not sure how strict they actually are about it though. The member I spoke to said they were talking about changing the cutoff date to insure absolutely no vehicles with computers. That was a few years ago.