Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Does anyone have experience with FMS models? I’m really liking these two

I don’t personally own one, but have friends that do… unfortunately there aren’t very many 1:12 and 1:16 scale crawlers, so when something breaks you’re going to have a hard time finding a replacement part or upgrade. Common Crawler scales are 1:10, 1:5 and 1:25.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I don’t personally own one, but have friends that do… unfortunately there aren’t very many 1:12 and 1:16 scale crawlers, so when something breaks you’re going to have a hard time finding a replacement part or upgrade. Common Crawler scales are 1:10, 1:5 and 1:25.
Breakage and repair are my biggest concerns. I love the little Axial truck I have already and know it does have massive support.

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Breakage and repair are my biggest concerns. I love the little Axial truck I have already and know it does have massive support.
I once used switch solenoid bracket to re-allign the engine from a broken motor mount. Bushing ate itself during the trip and parts were a week out. Jammed it in where the bushing was, and lasted it to the frame to get me home lol. It's all about things you have on hand lol.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I once used switch solenoid bracket to re-allign the engine from a broken motor mount. Bushing ate itself during the trip and parts were a week out. Jammed it in where the bushing was, and lasted it to the frame to get me home lol. It's all about things you have on hand lol.
Did you mean to post that on the repairs thread?

• Haha
Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Does anyone have experience with FMS models? I’m really liking these two

I have 2 FMS 1/18, Land Cruiser and FJ Cruiser. They have been great so far! (only few months old).
But I agree that since it's not a common size it's hard to find aftermarket accessories, at least for now!

tempImageMPTS19.pngtempImageRsiBcA.png

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Man, this thread needs some new life! Well, I just finished building a TRX4 and this thing is a beast! My first crawler was an OG SCX10 that I built 10+ years ago (I forget exactly, it's been a while) and after moving to Illinois 8+ years ago it fell by the wayside as there weren't many good, local areas to play. Not too long ago (probably a couple of years) Horizon Hobby started putting together some crawler courses at Eli Field, after checking out what they built while watching one of the R/C jet events I started to get interested again, plus a co-worker has been going all-in on the little 1/24 rigs lately. So, here's my new hotness. For both of these being 1/10 there's a huge difference in size and mass, heh. Really happy with how the TRX4 turned out and runs, plus there are endless upgrades and scale parts to add/replace. Good stuff!

20230905_140753.jpg

And my OG SCX10...

20230819_155721.jpg