• HTML tutorial

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Well I finally decided to get some cheap rc crawlers from Amazon. 1 for me and 1 for my son. He seems to like them and I enjoy the fact that they actually power all 4 tires and can crawl. Does anybody else have rc cars to fiddle with? 20220128_200000.jpg20220128_211445.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Explorador

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Took me about 20 minuets to break the steering in my car. I guess that's why they are cheap.20220129_093007.jpg20220129_091034.jpg
I tried gluing it back together but it kept breaking.... so I took matters into my own hands.
I built a new steering setup much like my own Jeeps steering. Gave it a metal tie rod and drag link instead of plastic ( nothing fancy, just bent a coat hanger to the same shape as the old one and re-designed the drag link as a high steer).
20220129_133337.jpg20220129_135259.jpg

It took all of 20 min to make with a torch and needle nose pliers. Works great!

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I got an Arrma Granite for Christmas, and my adult son got got a BigRock.....we are looking to fart around with them after being away from RC for many years. We had fun with them when he was in his early teens. Looking forward to trying it again. SOOOO much faster now!

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I got an Arrma Granite for Christmas, and my adult son got got a BigRock.....we are looking to fart around with them after being away from RC for many years. We had fun with them when he was in his early teens. Looking forward to trying it again. SOOOO much faster now!
this is my first RC car in probably 25 years lol, and my sons first. He's only 2 so it really only drives straight because he hasn't figured out how to steer it yet ... or he just doesn't care lol.

• Haha
Reactions: zgfiredude

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Glad to see more people in this hobby. My son and I every time we go out in the woods and camping we always bring the RC's. My son drive a F150 and I have an element Trailrunner must likely a "4runner" body. I greed with the op, going on a multi day trip you have to keep the kids occupied and away of the tablets as much as I can. Some pics for fun.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I had several ARMA trucks… they started my addiction… and now my $3000 Granite lives under my trailer to be used as spare parts to my Crawlers.

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Picked up an Everest 10 a few days ago and so far its been a blast. Haven't had a chance to go out wheeling and bring her along yet but that's coming soon so far its just in the scrap wood pile behind the dumpster at work lol. Already done some dremel mods and have some other stuff planned once stuff starts to break. For $180 it really cant be beat.