Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I was going to say this sounds like a PDI (pre delivery inspection) issue. Any dealership worth anything will check fluid levels and lug nuts before selling a rig. This reminds me of the first year or two the Nissan Titan was out, they lost a ton of rear diffs for the same reason, they only got 3/4 of the oil they required. The first few thousand miles on a gear set generate a lot of heat as things wear in, so on the smaller diffs that only hold a quart or two of oil its easy to cook it if theres not enough oil.
Also I will agree this should be a warranty issue, especially with the recall that Mike mentioned. I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from, they may be more willing to work with you.

Reactions: M Rose and EXPO_D1

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Just wanted to provide a follow-up on this. The dealership I took it to is fixing it under warranty but they are having to replace the entire assembly. Hoping to have it back next week, but at least it's getting fixed. Thanks for all of the responses; I'm glad it's being covered and I'm not having to keep fighting this.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Just wanted to provide a follow-up on this. The dealership I took it to is fixing it under warranty but they are having to replace the entire assembly. Hoping to have it back next week, but at least it's getting fixed. Thanks for all of the responses; I'm glad it's being covered and I'm not having to keep fighting this.
Replacing an axle assembly is how its done on the light duty side. For most shops the liability is too great to rebuild it, and its cheaper and faster to swing a new assembly. Im glad you were taken care of.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It’s actually a good thing that they are replacing the whole thing... that is how the recall repair is supposed to be handled.