Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fresno, Fresno County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Macias
Member #

Hey all . So I need a little advice from the community. I reached out to a local off road parts manufacturer here locally. I’ve asked them for the ok to use there location for a Rally point and a meet and greet location. Well they actually got back to me . There asking me for a pitch deck . Yea so know I’m a little lost . I’m just trying to get some of the OB community together and maybe attract some new members. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: Kent R

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
It's a little more formal than I would expect. What is this for Rebel or something?

They sound like they need to cover their bases for your event. It's their parking lot, during business hours, etc. A "pitch deck" itself is like what you would put together to appeal to a company for sponsorship and the like. It should detail the event goals, expected attendance, what ROI that facility will get for approving the event, the list goes on. If you don't plan on having vendors and food trucks showing up it should be a simple explanation, at this point you might be best visiting them in person and discussing this with the manager and get their ideas and feedback and draft something together.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all . So I need a little advice from the community. I reached out to a local off road parts manufacturer here locally. I’ve asked them for the ok to use there location for a Rally point and a meet and greet location. Well they actually got back to me . There asking me for a pitch deck . Yea so know I’m a little lost . I’m just trying to get some of the OB community together and maybe attract some new members. Any advice would be appreciated.
See DM

Ouroverlandtrips

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fresno, Fresno County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Macias
Member #

Hey guys , yea so the place I’m considering is Trail Gear here in Fresno ca . I’ve been to a previous meet they had for a Halloween event they set up . I met the owners through a friend that runs with 559 . Decent size parking lot . Guys seem super down to earth and really grateful for my participation. So just figured it would be worth the try .It would just be nice to have a local establishment start selling overland equipment. I heard four wheel parts is going to start carrying tents but I’ve been in there a few times sense they set up the tent display rack but no tents on it yet . When I asked they said the tents were in the back and just haven’t been brought out . Didn’t seem very  enthusiastic . I don’t know about you all . But buying gear on line drives me nutts . I like to put my hands on equipment and fiddle with stuff before I purchase. So it’s in front of me and I really know what I’m getting .so that’s why I’m trying to pull some overlanders together. Maybe get these stores to see there’s a market here .

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hey guys , yea so the place I’m considering is Trail Gear here in Fresno ca . I’ve been to a previous meet they had for a Halloween event they set up . I met the owners through a friend that runs with 559 . Decent size parking lot . Guys seem super down to earth and really grateful for my participation. So just figured it would be worth the try .It would just be nice to have a local establishment start selling overland equipment. I heard four wheel parts is going to start carrying tents but I’ve been in there a few times sense they set up the tent display rack but no tents on it yet . When I asked they said the tents were in the back and just haven’t been brought out . Didn’t seem very  enthusiastic . I don’t know about you all . But buying gear on line drives me nutts . I like to put my hands on equipment and fiddle with stuff before I purchase. So it’s in front of me and I really know what I’m getting .so that’s why I’m trying to pull some overlanders together. Maybe get these stores to see there’s a market here .
Ouroverlandtrips, I have been thinking of a local place to sell overlanding gear but there is none. So I started a website of overlanding stuff and have been thinking of where to put a brick and mortar store. Our office is located in Visalia CA. Where I hold OB meetings. A few of us are heading above Fresno tomorrow 2/2/24 to snow camp.
We have some overlanding stuff and are in the process of adding more.
The website is, jcoverlanders.com

If there is a product you like to see on the site let me know and I'll check into it.

Steve