Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Please when creating Rally Points please use the invite option and invite all members within 50 miles of the Rally Point. 50 miles is the maximum distance you can set then select all members within that radius. This will include many members we don’t know or hear from.

We are all aware that there is a core of members spread across the U.K. who follow what is happening with OB. and they don’t need the invite to attend but for the less active it brings it up on their timeline and gives them the opportunity.

The majority of members appear to be inactive. This could be through choice or it could be they are just not aware of what is going on within the region and miss the opportunities to attend.

By including the 50 mile radius and all it’s members it allows us to reach out to those members and hopefully get some more participation it turn increasing take up and encourage a more proactive approach to attending and creating future rally points.

Thanks

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thank you, Dave, for this important advice. With the OB1 App and the webforum we have a great technical platform with many useful features - we just have to use them.

Especially with these invitations/ notifications we can reach members who don't look into the RPs that often.

And if in the end only one more member is reached and participates in a great meetup, that is already a small and nice success.

jksof

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Newhaven, UK
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Knights
Member #

You need to be able to send the message to all members in your region

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Is this recommendation for all regions? - I am just getting started using Rally points, so any guidance would be appreciated.