Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

So I'm new to OB. This being my first summer being involved, I have no frame of reference for past years. My question is this. There have only been a handful of meetings via Rally Point in the west region this summer. Is this normal or is this covid related like so many other things this year? The main purpose of joining OB was to not have to go by myself all the time.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

For our little SGV group we stopped getting together in March because of C-19. We meet last month outside and apart, we’ll do the same this month. Some of us are taking trips also. There were some vert good meet ups but now most are on standby.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So I'm new to OB. This being my first summer being involved, I have no frame of reference for past years. My question is this. There have only been a handful of meetings via Rally Point in the west region this summer. Is this normal or is this covid related like so many other things this year? The main purpose of joining OB was to not have to go by myself all the time.
RP used to be very active before the COVID. The RP system is getting more active. My suggestion is to put together a small RP for a picnic or something to spend an afternoon talking with people local to you so you can start planning other larger events (that is how we are doing it here in the Northwest). A lot of trips aren’t in the books, but trips are still happening.