Quick Release RTT mounts for Sherpa/Prinsu?

• HTML tutorial

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Hey y'all. I saw the quick release RTT mounts for FrontRunner, and wondered if they would work for Sherpa/Prinsu racks. I don't think they will, because it looks like they're only for single-channel crossbars. Would this quick release mount work for Sherpa/Prinsu?

Are there others that would work?

TexasLandman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Harrell
Member #

Hey y'all. I saw the quick release RTT mounts for FrontRunner, and wondered if they would work for Sherpa/Prinsu racks. I don't think they will, because it looks like they're only for single-channel crossbars. Would this quick release mount work for Sherpa/Prinsu?

The ones in your link should work. I have a Sherpa… now you have my hamster wheel turning with these.

Reactions: TROYOTA16

TROYOTA16

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cumming, GA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Krittenden
Member #

I'm curious now as well, I'm about to place an order for a Sherpa roof and bed rack. Quick release for a RTT would be ideal.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hard to tell from the image but the crossbar they use in photo looks similar. You may want to confirm the size with them.

Have you also considered to just use standard mount and just remove the crossbars?

• Love
Reactions: CafeRoaster

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
This might work! I have a pretty low garage so my fully stock FJ with rack and tent don't quite fit into the garage. I haven't tried deflating the tires yet, but it might work, as it's only .5-1 inch too hight right now. If I install 5100's, it might not be able to at all. Hah.

Installation is definitely doable in my space.

Thanks for the rec!

Reactions: trail_runn4r