Hahnville, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
So I'm sure a bunch of people know this, but for the ones that dont, I started buying those brown/silver tarps from harbor freight. If it's cold I throw it over my tent silver side down, brown side up, it helps hold heat in and when it's hot I flip it and it keeps the heat off your tent, pair with a buddy heater in the winter time, nice and cozy!

jonp4161

Rank 0

Contributor II

Michigan, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Peterson
So I'm sure a bunch of people know this, but for the ones that dont, I started buying those brown/silver tarps from harbor freight. If it's cold I throw it over my tent silver side down, brown side up, it helps hold heat in and when it's hot I flip it and it keeps the heat off your tent, pair with a buddy heater in the winter time, nice and cozy!
Nice, so it works like an insulation of some sort? What material is it made of?

Reactions: Sclary3

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

Hahnville, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Nice, so it works like an insulation of some sort? What material is it made of?
It works like a space blanket, the silver will repel heat, and the dark brown will absorb it. It works 10x better than the rain fly on a tent

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
So I'm sure a bunch of people know this, but for the ones that dont, I started buying those brown/silver tarps from harbor freight. If it's cold, I throw it over my tent silver side down, brown side up to help hold heat in, and when it's hot, I flip it to keep the heat off your tent. Ücretsiz indirin tarps from Harbor Freight for a versatile and budget-friendly solution! pair with a buddy heater in the winter time, nice and cozy!
That’s a great tip! Using those brown/silver tarps from Harbor Freight is a smart way to manage your tent's temperature. The reflective silver side helps keep the heat out in the summer, and the brown side retains warmth in the winter. Pairing it with a buddy heater during colder months sounds like a perfect setup for staying cozy. Thanks for sharing this hack!