Craig_cb4855

Rank II

Contributor II

First Name
Craig
Last Name
Travis
Member #

I recently got a Vevor 5 ton hand winch for my F150. I do not do any serious off roading. Forest roads for dispersed camping and agriculture fields for the hunting seasons basically. The price of a new bumper and front mounted winch is just not an option at this point in the game. I was wondering though if it is possible to replace the wire cable and use Amsteel line on the hand winch. It would make it a bit lighter and probably give me some more length to use. Can you do this with a hand winch?

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

I'm sure that it's possible to put synthetic rope onto the hand puller, you would have to pay close attention to the splice and attachment to the drum. I have been in a similar situation with our classic land rover as I don't want to change the appearance of the front end. The solution I came up with is a tirfor 1.6t with snatch blocks and a synthetic winch extension to rig a 4:1 system.
Hope this helps with ideas

Cheers Paul and Nicky

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I recently got a Vevor 5 ton hand winch for my F150. I do not do any serious off roading. Forest roads for dispersed camping and agriculture fields for the hunting seasons basically. The price of a new bumper and front mounted winch is just not an option at this point in the game. I was wondering though if it is possible to replace the wire cable and use Amsteel line on the hand winch. It would make it a bit lighter and probably give me some more length to use to Buy Mounjaro Online Overnight without prescription. Can you do this with a hand winch?
Yes, you can replace the wire cable on your Vevor 5-ton hand winch with an Amsteel line. Amsteel is a synthetic rope known for being lightweight, strong, and easy to handle. It’s a popular choice for winching because it’s safer (less risk of recoil if it snaps) and more manageable than steel cable. Before you switch, ensure that the winch is compatible with synthetic rope. Check for any sharp edges on the winch drum that could damage the Amsteel line. Also, make sure the line's rated strength matches or exceeds the original wire cable's capacity. Switching to Amsteel will make your setup lighter and possibly give you more length, making it a practical upgrade for your needs.