Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

I just got a 5lb Flameking propane tank and I am looking at mounting options and it seems like the mounts cost more than the tank did. Any suggestions for options $50 of less? I'm fine with tools and DIY and have a couple ideas for fabricating my own but wanted to see what the community says also.

Reactions: Sparksalot

TCBTacoma

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butt
Member #

Before adding much to this, general rig specs or pic might be helpful. Do you have a rack of some kind? Any type of existing storage system? A come-along and a couple tie down points can work, a permanent mount (as you have looked at) of some type...do you just want it for storage while driving and then you take it out/down/off? Or are you looking to have it mounted so that it can be used from that location?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I just got a 5lb Flameking propane tank and I am looking at mounting options and it seems like the mounts cost more than the tank did. Any suggestions for options $50 of less? I'm fine with tools and DIY and have a couple ideas for fabricating my own but wanted to see what the community says also.
I used the bracket for a 20# fire extinguisher for my flame king.

Reactions: DosTacos

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

You can get a sturdy trash bag for your tailgate and carry it there. They aren't super cheap but it can be used for trash, wood, tools, etc.
That's how I carry mine, bag hanging off my ladder.

Reactions: DosTacos

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

I used the bracket for a 20# fire extinguisher for my flame king.
Thanks Rex, this is probably what I will do.

Reactions: Sparksalot

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Before adding much to this, general rig specs or pic might be helpful. Do you have a rack of some kind? Any type of existing storage system? A come-along and a couple tie down points can work, a permanent mount (as you have looked at) of some type...do you just want it for storage while driving and then you take it out/down/off? Or are you looking to have it mounted so that it can be used from that location?
Good call. I should have included that.
97 Tacoma with a softtopper. No rack
Custom bumper with dual Jerry cans and spare tire swing out.
Was considering getting a single can holder and trying to mount the propane next to it.

Attachments

Reactions: Bostongal62