Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I don't own a propane fire pit but I know a lot of you use them. I ran across this today on sale at REI and thought it looked like a good deal from a reputable company so I thought I would share it for anyone that was interested-seems like a good deal unless shipping is a killer.

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Seems a little salty to me for price, but that's only my opinion.
I bought an Outland Living from Costco last year for around $100. It's about 19" dia. Used it once and it was great, but I've realized it really is too big to pack in the Jeep. Great on the patio, though!
I was happy with the brand, so I recently bought their Firecube. It's 14"x14"x 10"(h) and around $115. Shouldn't take as much room to pack. Haven't used it yet, but I don't expect any problems.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
I too have an Outland and find it too big to transport, so its assigned back yard duty. Recently bought a Little Red Campfire and it's the size of a cake pan and packs nicely.

Todd S.

Rank VII
Investor

Navigator I

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
Completely agree. We have a propane fire pit but use it mostly at home in our back yard except for winter camping trips due its bulkiness.
I just received the Tembo Tusk Fire Pit. Super compact and folds down flat. It is a bit pricey but it seems all Overlanding gear has a high price. What I like is when you a ready to turn in for the night, you just turn it off.