Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

OB Staff,

I have noticed that many older posts have broken image links rendering the post almost useless. These links refer to a 3rd party image host like Photobucket...

Is there a way to add a "Photos" tab, maybe next to "Badges", on our profile pages for keeping photo albums for followers to view? In turn, this will keep all the photos on the OB site and will dramatically reduce posts/threads with broken image links.

I know this would involve much more server space, but would also make the site more user friendly/social for new users.

Untitled-1.jpg

Just a thought,

Sean Hank Haney

Reactions: AprilC

AprilC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocklin, CA
Member #

OB Staff,

I have noticed that many older posts have broken image links rendering the post almost useless. These links refer to a 3rd party image host like Photobucket...

Is there a way to add a "Photos" tab, maybe next to "Badges", on our profile pages for keeping photo albums for followers to view? In turn, this will keep all the photos on the OB site and will dramatically reduce posts/threads with broken image links.

I know this would involve much more server space, but would also make the site more user friendly/social for new users.

View attachment 49553

Just a thought,

Sean Hank Haney
That would be a nice addition. Upload size could be limited to help with storage.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

In a previous discussion, @Michael said it was a huge hit on resources, and once installed, irreversible. I don't think it has been looked at since. You can still upload images to a post instead of linking to outside sources. Then the photos won't break in the future.

If you’re using Chrome, here’s a Chrome extension hot link to fix all those broken Photobucket images https://is.gd/Em30Rs

Reactions: Road and AprilC