Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Some time ago the forum changed something to do with signatures and their content.
For several years I had a pix of my rig in my signature. It was small and not over obtrusive. I also had a link for both my Offroad teardrop build thread and my Vehicle build thread.
It seems I can no longer post a pix of any size and only one link.

I am sorely disappointed. Is there any way around this? I would be willing to pay for a higher membership just to have this capability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Some time ago the forum changed something to do with signatures and their content.
For several years I had a pix of my rig in my signature. It was small and not over obtrusive. I also had a link for both my Offroad teardrop build thread and my Vehicle build thread.
It seems I can no longer post a pix of any size and only one link.

I am sorely disappointed. Is there any way around this? I would be willing to pay for a higher membership just to have this capability.
I believe there is 3 links allowed, so your 2 should be good to go....Maybe the pic is to large? I will check maybe they stopped allowing pics.

Jim

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
The app no longer gives you a pix option and will give you an error and says only one link is allowed.

WTF? Was it so bad about what we had? Was it slowing the forum down?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
It apparently does not allow image tags anymore. If I try and put in the image code that does the below

and hit save, it acts like it saved it but when I come back, the save never happened. I have tried multiple sizes for the image.

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Did not realize you was talking about apps, what app? If it is not OB1 app then the app will be hit or miss and not supported, if it is OB1 app then I think there is a section for all OB! app issues......

Jim

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Did not realize you was talking about apps, what app? If it is not OB1 app then the app will be hit or miss and not supported, if it is OB1 app then I think there is a section for all OB! app issues......

Jim
I was talking about the main web based forum, not the mobile app. If there is a better place to discuss this, please point me in the right direction. This is the general support section. This is not resolved.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I was talking about the main web based forum, not the mobile app. If there is a better place to discuss this, please point me in the right direction. This is the general support section. This is not resolved.
Well I was going by your reply:
"
The app no longer gives you a pix option and will give you an error and says only one link is allowed.

WTF? Was it so bad about what we had? Was it slowing the forum down?"

SO I took it as you was talking about being on an app......Thus resolved.

Jim
PS I got an inquiry in and will post as soon as I get a reply and see what has changed/going on.

Reactions: old_man and SLO Rob

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Well I was going by your reply:
"

WTF? Was it so bad about what we had? Was it slowing the forum down?"

SO I took it as you was talking about being on an app......Thus resolved.

Jim
PS I got an inquiry in and will post as soon as I get a reply and see what has changed/going on.
thanks

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok got the answer, no pics in signatures anymore......I did not get a reason, just no more.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Yes. You could do a link to stored pictures.........

By the way, love your builds. WOW

Jim

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I guess it would require an intermediate thread since I have a build thread for my rig and a separate thread for my teardrop. Remember, only one link allowed .

I had a nice small banner sized picture of my rig and trailer, followed by a link to each build thread. It didn't take up that much space and cut down on a lot of thrashing. Having been one of the early founders of NAXJA and even the National President, I understand the issues with signatures. We had people that had a full page signature. We cut it down to 4 lines of text, and limited the size of any image to a small banner size.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I remember your banner... I think you can have 3 links in signature....
It only allows one link. You can place as many as you want when editing, but will yell at you when you try and save.

Status
Not open for further replies.