Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I don't think it is open, did you call? From the Forest Service website; Updated June 2, 22; Los Padres National Forest - Alerts & Notices
  • Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd is closed from Hwy 1 to the summit. No through traffic from the coast to Hwy 101. No access to Prewitt Ridge or Cone Peak Rd. These roads are temporarily closed due to damage from the Dolan Fire and washouts from heavy rains in January, 2020.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I think it is closed, @Colin Ritchie I think you went by there a week or two ago?

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Wil, confirming the meet up location at 0900 hours, on Friday morning is the Safeway store, at 815 Canyon Del Rey Blvd, Del Rey Oaks, California? Thanks!

Gary T. CLARK

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JVX
Great place to camp, have been there many times. There is a couple areas that you all could fit. ( as long as no one else has grabbed the spot.)
Here is couple of pictures
My grandson loved the rope swing.
And a night picture Jordan took.

Attachments

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Great place to camp, have been there many times. There is a couple areas that you all could fit. ( as long as no one else has grabbed the spot.)
Here is couple of pictures
My grandson loved the rope swing.
And a night picture Jordan took.
Beautiful images! Thanks for sharing.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

There is a chance that I will need to meet you at Friday camp. The new suspension goes in Thursday and if for any reason they need to keep it over night I will pack them head up

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
Wil, confirming the meet up location at 0900 hours, on Friday morning is the Safeway store, at 815 Canyon Del Rey Blvd, Del Rey Oaks, California? Thanks!
I’m actually going to change the location to another Safeway that’s located a little further south, in Carmel. That way we can top off our fuel if needed.

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
GPX file uploaded

Los Padres Forest website is listing South Coast Ridge Road as being closed. If that's true, that will block our way to any of the northern campsites, i.e. Prewitt Ridge and Plaskett Ridge (both at higher elevations). If the road is indeed closed, I have a couple of campsites south of Los Burros Rd I'm hoping will fit the group.

Online version: link

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
All, can’t wait to see everyone on Friday. Here are some last minute details and plan.

The meeting point is a Safeway, located in Carmel-by-the-Sea, open 24 hrs. in case you need to pick up some last minute items. There is Chevron and Shell gas station in the same plaza to top off your fuel. Chevron is 24 hrs. and last check, regular is $6.70/gal.

From the meeting point to the Los Burros Rd. turn off is approx. 65 miles south on Hwy-1, 2 hrs. if we don’t encounter any traffic. My plan is to send two rigs once we turn off onto Los Burros Rd (or Willow Creek Rd. depending on what map you’re using) to do a quick reconnaissance up north on South Coast Ridge Rd. The purpose is to confirm South Coast Ridge Rd. is open and to also quickly claim the Prewitt Ridge Campsite, which I think is the preferred spot. We have 13 rigs signed up and I don’t want to create a mess if we need to turn around. The backup plan if So.Coast road is closed is to go south on San Martin Rd. where there are couple of other campsites.

As you know, most of the roads/trails are closed or unconfirmed to be open. So I didn’t plan on moving on Sat. except to enjoy the sunrise and site. I know some are planning to make a trip to the beach. I also don’t know if firewood burning is allowed, so best if a few folks can bring fire-bowl.

Food plan is probably a given now, pot luck style, so I’ll leave it at that. Bring food for yourself and enjoy the company or bring food to share and enjoy the company.

Last edited:

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

All, can’t wait to see everyone on Friday. Here are some last minute details and plan.

The meeting point is a Safeway, located in Carmel-by-the-Sea, open 24 hrs. in case you need to pick up some last minute items. There is Chevron and Shell gas station in the same plaza to top off your fuel. Chevron is 24 hrs. and last check, regular is $6.70/gal.

From the meeting point to the Los Burros Rd. turn off is approx. 65 miles south on Hwy-1, 2 hrs. if we don’t encounter any traffic. My plan is to send two rigs once we turn off onto Los Burros Rd (or Willow Creek Rd. depending on what map you’re using) to do a quick reconnaissance up north on South Coast Ridge Rd. The purpose is to confirm South Coast Ridge Rd. is open and to also quickly claim the Prewitt Ridge Campsite, which I think is the preferred spot. We have 13 rigs signed up and I don’t want to create a mess if we need to turn around. The backup plan if So.Coast road is closed is to go south on San Martin Rd. where there are couple of other campsites.

As you know, most of the roads/trails are closed or unconfirmed to be open. So I didn’t plan on moving on Sat. except to enjoy the sunrise and site. I know some are planning to make a trip to the beach. I also don’t know if firewood burning is allowed, so best if some can bring fire-bowl.

Food plan is probably a given now, pot luck style, so I’ll leave it at that. Bring food for yourself and enjoy the company or bring food to share and enjoy the company.
Many thanks Wil, your planning and communication is much appreciated. I have picked up a couple bundles of wood and have a portable wood burning fire pit, which I will bring. See you at the Safeway in Carmel by the Sea. All the best!

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

As you know, most of the roads/trails are closed or unconfirmed to be open. So I didn’t plan on moving on Sat. except to enjoy the sunrise and site. I know some are planning to make a trip to the beach. I also don’t know if firewood burning is allowed, so best if a few folks can bring fire-bowl.

There are fire restrictions for Los Padres NF till 2023

• Sad
Reactions: Roger 2486

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX

There are fire restrictions for Los Padres NF till 2023

Does that include the propane fire bowls?