In Review Prevent invites being sent to thousands (bug?)

• HTML tutorial

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
I have created several RPs and all of them seem to send an invite to anyone in the area.(over 4000 folks)
While it isn't always a bad thing, for letting people know about trail clean ups, I'd like to avoid it when I'm making small RPs for things like overnight camping trips that myself and members are already full on, and were just creating the RP for data sharing/ comms info/ etc

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have created several RPs and all of them seem to send an invite to anyone in the area.(over 4000 folks)
While it isn't always a bad thing, for letting people know about trail clean ups, I'd like to avoid it when I'm making small RPs for things like overnight camping trips that myself and members are already full on, and were just creating the RP for data sharing/ comms info/ etc
Not a bug, I will check our RP I belive it is for the coastal cleanup? The idea was to get the word out but if you generate an invite for at least one person then the auto invite is shut off. I will do a practice RP to check

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Thanks Kent,
for this one (the clean up) I'm cool with it being blasted, wasn't aware of the invitation requirement to keep the smaller ones off the radar, thanks!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent,
for this one (the clean up) I'm cool with it being blasted, wasn't aware of the invitation requirement to keep the smaller ones off the radar, thanks!
There is an issue and it might take a bit to figure out. I will get back to you