• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
This is my favorite pic I've taken during a trip. It's somewhere in the middle of the Ozark National Forest in Northwest Arkansas. Taken with a Nikon D3100 and edited on LR. What's your favorite pic you've taken on the trail.
I don't often get pictures of my jeep on some of the tougher obstacles which is 1 reason I like this pic, but it was also one of those " getta do this" times. My wife was pregnant with our first son, and I got invited out on a 4 day trip to write a magazine article on the toughest trails in our area. The guy sitting on the rock in rent of the jeep actually took the picture that ended up in the magazine. It was ( in my mind) an end of an era trip because with the baby coming I knew big changes were going to happen ( we planned on leaving the city when we had kids and I never planned on having a job I enjoyed in the city but ended up working with an offroad shop). Once I got back from that trip I quit my job, our landlord put the house we were living in up for sale, we moved 3 hours north to be closer to my wife's family, and I had to figure out a new career. I had worries that the jeep would have go but I managed to hang on to it. Basically this pic has a lot of memories attached.
FB_IMG_1644283819318.jpg

BFG.dnews

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Seneca, Oconee County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Newsome
Member #

A friend took this pic of our campsite on top of a mountain in Baja just northwest of San Ignacio near a remote village called Guadalupe …(27.61049, -113.03134).
Baja has some of the most diverse landscapes anywhere and I love ‘em all … but this is definitely one of my favorite areas on the peninsula.

Attachments

Reactions: Buffalo Overland

Contributor III

Beebe, White County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Koder
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kojo
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
A friend took this pic of our campsite on top of a mountain in Baja just northwest of San Ignacio near a remote village called Guadalupe …(27.61049, -113.03134).
Baja has some of the most diverse landscapes anywhere and I love ‘em all … but this is definitely one of my favorite areas on the peninsula.
I have family in Baja. So it's definitely on my list to make it out there for a trip.

Reactions: BFG.dnews