Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I searched, but the term 'Pony Express' brings up a myriad of random stuff. I want to do the Pony Express. I am in the early stages of planning and I am trying to find the route. I have found a small section of the route, but I am looking for the full GPX file. Does anyone know where I can find it? The NPS.gov is more on road, as far as I can tell.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Here's one.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I searched, but the term 'Pony Express' brings up a myriad of random stuff. I want to do the Pony Express. I am in the early stages of planning and I am trying to find the route. I have found a small section of the route, but I am looking for the full GPX file. Does anyone know where I can find it? The NPS.gov is more on road, as far as I can tell.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
You can find a track for portions of the track on map starting just south west of Salt Lake City.
Also search Pony Express here on the app I remember some conversation awhile back.

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I did a small portion of the Pony Express as part of The Heart of the West trail a few years ago.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Here you go towards the bottom of the page is gpx file, tons of info and details for each State and GPS for each stop or POI......(I know the link says UTAH but it is for every State).

Would be an awesome trip I would think.

Jim