Jesse
Last Name
Potter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4IHR
Service Branch
Army
I am really careful with wiring for Accessories in my rigs. I added a 130W Overland Solar Branded Portable Panel and bought the Victron 100/15 MPPT to serve as the "HUB" for integrating Solar into the Jeep. I have a 2 Door JL so space is a premium. I attached the wiring diagram but wanted some input on the fusing and ensure that I have enough to prevent issues and worst case scenario vehicle fire.

Current Setup
I connect my Dometic PLB40 to the Hardwire 12V Threaded Plug and then the Fridge to the PLB. The Hardwire plug is run using 10AWG to a SPOD Bantam for switching and starter battery drain protection.

Setup desire
Add Solar Input. The Victron 100/15 is wired to battery with a 30AMP circuit breaker to charge the battery when the panel is connected. The Load from the MPPT is wired using another hardwire kit to a second 12V threaded plug.

Use Case
1. When I am driving the PLB is getting charged from the Vehicle system through the SPOD and Alternator. The fridge runs of the PLB40.
2. When Stopped without Solar I will will turn of the Fridge on the SPOD to prevent the PLB from Charging of the starter battery but still run the fridge of the PLB Power
3. When Stopped with Solar I will switch the plug to the other outlet that the MPPT is connect via LOAD and then the Battery is being constantly topped off by Solar and the rest of the Solar Charge is recharging the PLB.

Does this setup make sense or am I over doing it?

Attachments