Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Esterly
Member #

Wish I had skills like that and a place to build one for my truck, looking good!
Checkout “Ripcord platform Camper Build” on tacoma world. He has a comprehensive guide on how to do it yourself.

If you want some help with some of the fabricated components feel free to message me!

BumpyTacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Esterly
Member #

After getting the mounting figured out, I put on the sides to the camper and set it on the truck. Drove it around for about a week or so then started on the canvas.

Didn’t really have much of a plan/expectation with the tent portion. So kind of just went for it.

Fit each side to the tent and sewed it together. It fits okay. Would definitely look to redo it soon. I’ll need to upgrade my gas struts that lift the tent to take the extra weight of the canvas.

Attachments

BumpyTacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Esterly
Member #

Spent the first night in it last weekend after a long week of working on the tent. Almost done with it. Still have a short list of things to do, but 95% of the way there.

Come next winter, I will most likely take it all apart again and fix the few things that I dislike. But for now I’ll enjoy it and slowly start the CAD work with the new changes.

Attachments

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

Spent the first night in it last weekend after a long week of working on the tent. Almost done with it. Still have a short list of things to do, but 95% of the way there.

Come next winter, I will most likely take it all apart again and fix the few things that I dislike. But for now I’ll enjoy it and slowly start the CAD work with the new changes.
Very cool build!