• HTML tutorial

jer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Temecula
Member #

Staying in zion on the first night.
I heard there was no offroading/trail camping in zion national park[emoji53].
Would anyone be able to help me out work some gpx files in Utah.
I'm coming from san diego and planning a 4 day trip. So I'm looking to stay in southern utah preferably. Thanks in advance. Save travels.
Jeremy C.

Sent from my LG-H830 using OB Talk mobile app

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

There is no offroading and only campgrounds within the valley at Zion. There is some forest roads up on Kolob Terrace with some areas you can camp.

What are you hoping to do. It will start to be hot at the lower elevations so you can always go up to parawon or beaver and then head east up the mountain. We camp often at Yankee Meadows and Puffer Lake. It will still be cold and probably have some snow at Puffer in June.

From Beaver you can go east towards Milford and camp around Mineral Mtn. There are quite a few trails and great places to camp all round. Pine Valley is beautiful and there is plenty to do up there. There is plenty of easy-hard wheelin in Sand Hollow. You can also check out Toquerville Falls.

Otherwise you can head east and get to Canyonlands, Northrim, Grand Staircase etc in just a few hours.

Deadpool_TRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Staying in zion on the first night.
I heard there was no offroading/trail camping in zion national park[emoji53].
Would anyone be able to help me out work some gpx files in Utah.
I'm coming from san diego and planning a 4 day trip. So I'm looking to stay in southern utah preferably. Thanks in advance. Save travels.
Jeremy C.

Sent from my LG-H830 using OB Talk mobile app
Check out epic drives Utah either on YouTube or netflix they do it with a Tacoma, there's one dirt rail that connect Zion to another national park cant remember the name name of the trail

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
Cut through Zion and then pick your way to the Moki Dugway then down to Mexican Hat, then Bluff then up to Moab...or to Monument Valley. Lots of wheeling of all levels...plus there is some spectacular scenery and cool archeology all through Utah, especially the Southern parts.

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

I'm from northern Utah, but I drove Highway 14 this last weekend for the first time (about 1.5 hours out of St. George) and I was shocked. Looked like lots of good wheeling up there. Might be worth taking a look!