JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
We might be doing this trip in the next few days. Any recommendations on places to see or stop and camp for the day, or even suggestions to stay in Yellowstone?

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Suppose it depends what route you are planning on taking. When we stayed in Yellowstone we stayed in the explorer cabins and didnt camp. The wife still has limited desire for camping, so glamping when she can. Lots to see in the park if you havent been. I took my 2 little ones March last year and it was amazing.

The southern route takes you through Utah and right by Zion National Park. You will also go right through Island Park in Idaho which is home to Henry's Fork and Fly Fishing mecca...

Attachments

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
Suppose it depends what route you are planning on taking. When we stayed in Yellowstone we stayed in the explorer cabins and didnt camp. The wife still has limited desire for camping, so glamping when she can. Lots to see in the park if you havent been. I took my 2 little ones March last year and it was amazing.

The southern route takes you through Utah and right by Zion National Park. You will also go right through Island Park in Idaho which is home to Henry's Fork and Fly Fishing mecca...
Yes that would be the route we would go. Ya the wife wants to get a cabin if she can find one....Never been before..

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Check for cancellations at the explorer cabins if they are full. They are phenomenal, truly. Right at the enterance of the park.

Looking out our cabin across to the others.

Lots to see, we saw about everything except wild bears since we went in March so it was a bit early and still lots of snow. Amazing country though.

Last edited: